Although I seriously admire people who go the whole mile with their vintage look I don't think I can carry it off. With this in mind I thought I'd adapt my vintage pattern to make it a bit more wearable.
The thing I really fell in love with from the Simplicity 2109 pattern was the scalloped neckline so I've kept that and instead of the full skirt used the bottom of Butterick B5450 that I made in the past to make a tunic top.
The vintage pattern is a size 11 (bust 31.5") which I thought might be too small but when I measured the pattern pieces it seemed that it might be fine. So I cut the bodice and midriff out, making no adjustments (this was before I'd totally settled on the tunic top idea) and sewed it up.
So here it is...
(weather is not nearly as nice as when I started this project)
Pretty pleased with end result. I've never done scallops before or vintage sewing but I would totally do either again.